Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Hello. I have a couple of products I'd like to have recorded sales material for, so people can call up and listen to them when I'm not available. Obviously I can sign up for such a service and forward calls to it. (Any suggestions as to what company is good?)

    But I wonder if I can set up a server and do it over SIP or asterisk. I gather that if I learn how, I can set up a VOIP server and use it with my reseller account?

    Thank you for any educational comments in the area,

    Theron

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Look into a pbx system like asterisk and freeswitch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Thanks! But I don't know how to use any of that with a VOIPo account. Would anyone like to point me to the pertinent reading?

    Thanks,

    Theron

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyComms View Post
    Thanks! But I don't know how to use any of that with a VOIPo account. Would anyone like to point me to the pertinent reading?

    Thanks,

    Theron

    You can use it with voipo but since voipo is not byod, there is little support on their behalf.

    as far as setting everything up, what are you looking to do? What kind of computer are you going to turn into a server? What is your internet speed?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    To get Multiline PBX, IVR or a Unified Messaging service on my line, I can forward calls through the phone system to a separate company. I would have to pay connect charges.

    If VOIPo wanted to offer IVR or Unified Messaging, they would direct my calls over their Ethernet. (For example, they already offer three-way calling, a PBX feature.) My question is whether I can set up my own such servers and connect them to my VOIPo account over the Internet. I have a reseller account and I think resellers do this.

    I could build an Asterisk box or a SIP Server out of a PC and use PCI cards to connect to telephones or the phone system. I have cable Internet (15 Mbps) and Verizon 3G, which I can upgrade to 4G if I buy a new dongle. Either would be plenty of bandwidth, and I would only have to check my TOS agreement with the ISP before running a server of any sort.

    I think the answer to my question might be that I would want to create an Asterisk or SIP connection with hardware of my own choosing. I am already using a native SIP device, the Grandstream ATA VOIPo provides.

    Thanks for any advice!

    Theron

  6. #6

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    I have a reseller account and I and many of my clients use our on asterisk solutions and connect them to voipo without issues. I use a ivr for my clients to call along wth a time mod to say if the time is after a certain hour use this ivr instead.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Quote Originally Posted by genxweb View Post
    I have a reseller account and I and many of my clients use our on asterisk solutions and connect them to voipo without issues. I use a ivr for my clients to call along wth a time mod to say if the time is after a certain hour use this ivr instead.
    Yes, that's the impression I had. Thank you for confirming this. I am trying to understand what sort of session goes on between the VOIPo system and my server. Any reading suggestions are appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Theron

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyComms View Post
    Hello. I have a couple of products I'd like to have recorded sales material for, so people can call up and listen to them when I'm not available. Obviously I can sign up for such a service and forward calls to it. (Any suggestions as to what company is good?)

    But I wonder if I can set up a server and do it over SIP or asterisk. I gather that if I learn how, I can set up a VOIP server and use it with my reseller account?

    Thank you for any educational comments in the area,

    Theron

    Iím making several assumptions here; so if I understand correctly you want to be able to send your customers to an IVR so you can give them information and possible route call according. He is what you can do at very minimal cost and be about to do what you want.

    • Get an account @ voip.ms. Itís free.
    • Purchase a DID, $0.99 per month.
    • Forward all calls via sip address (sip:yourDID@sip.voip.ms) to your Voip.ms account (itís free on both ends).
    • Voip.ms will process the calls as an incoming call (no charge via sip) and you can use all of their services for the cost of one DID per month.


    Simple, almost free and should be able to do anything you need to do. (It has an asterisk back office

    voip.ms

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: How can I get an IVR (interactive voice response)?

    Quote Originally Posted by wintek View Post
    Iím making several assumptions here; so if I understand correctly you want to be able to send your customers to an IVR so you can give them information and possible route call according. He is what you can do at very minimal cost and be about to do what you want.

    • Get an account @ voip.ms. Itís free.
    • Purchase a DID, $0.99 per month.
    • Forward all calls via sip address (sip:yourDID@sip.voip.ms) to your Voip.ms account (itís free on both ends).
    • Voip.ms will process the calls as an incoming call (no charge via sip) and you can use all of their services for the cost of one DID per month.


    Simple, almost free and should be able to do anything you need to do. (It has an asterisk back office

    voip.ms
    Thank you!

    Coincidentally, I discovered them and signed up just last night. I was looking at their IVR description and wondering what I could put in there besides Operator functions.

    I haven't decided to get a DID yet but I think I will. I like the backoffice interface.

    Theron

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •