Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No voice on incoming calls.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: No voice on incoming calls.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhoCallMeTim View Post
    In my case I got an email from tech support that I had set "block unknown callers" which blocks anyone not on the whitelist. . .

FYI, selecting "block all unknown calls" in the "block private calls" tab only blocks calls marked as private, anonymous etc.

In call routes you can "block all unknown contacts" which will block anyone not in your contact list or whitelist.

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    FYI, selecting "block all unknown calls" in the "block private calls" tab only blocks calls marked as private, anonymous etc.

In call routes you can "block all unknown contacts" which will block anyone not in your contact list or whitelist.
    So in Features there is a drop-down whose options are:
    Allow Blocked Calls
    Block Calls Marked as Private
    Block All Unknown Calls

What is the difference between the last two? Currently I have "Block Calls Marked as Private" but if I set it to "Block All Unknown Calls" I should be okay and not run into the problem with callers not hearing us or the answering machine not playing its message?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhoCallMeTim View Post
    So in Features there is a drop-down whose options are:
    Allow Blocked Calls
    Block Calls Marked as Private
    Block All Unknown Calls

What is the difference between the last two? Currently I have "Block Calls Marked as Private" but if I set it to "Block All Unknown Calls" I should be okay and not run into the problem with callers not hearing us or the answering machine not playing its message?

Thanks!
    Block Calls Marked as Private blocks only those callers where the CID display shows up as Private which means there will also be no number displayed on the CID.

Block All Unknown Calls is similar to Block Calls Marked as Private but does not stop at just Private, it will block Anonymous, Unknown, Restricted or any call with a blocked number.

Sounds like "Block All Unknown Calls" is what I want.

Thx

Also, how does Features: Telemarketer block work? Does it key off of a form of phone number or off of some internal list that voipo has?

Thanks!

The way Telemarketer Block is supposed to work is that it goes from a list built by suggestions from users who select the "submit to telemarketer block" function for a number. I would imagine there is some threshold of reports before a number goes on the list.
    Steve

Sadly I have to join this thread. I've had the adapter for a couple of weeks, and used it for outgoing calls with no problems, while the port finished. That happened yesterday, and now that the incoming calls are coming through VOIPo, I am having issues with many callers not being able to hear me. Does not seem to happen with all calls, just some. None of the suggestions in this thread have helped.

Setup is Cable Modem (Comcast) --> Grandstream --> Linksys router

Since I work at home, I need my phone working correctly. I can't believe that I am missing AT&T after just two days.

Opened a ticket, let's see what they say. But as a new customer, I am less than impressed.

I've noticed the quality of Voipo being much worse for me over the last few weeks. Call quality has been pretty flaky and people have noticed and said something to me.

I haven't changed routers or providers. I've also had port forwarding set up since I started. At the same time, I have another voip provider, and my service has been fine. Not sure if support will be able to work on.

Let me say that tech support finally solved all of my issues. But it wasn't easy. I don't know why our support tickets can't be handled by one person throughout the whole process. I think I had 5 or 6 different people respond to me. VOIPo kept pointing the fingers at my end and I knew nothing had changed on my end. Finally after I insisted again the problem was on their end and being asked to run another network test on my end I told them I wanted to cancel. Mysteriously all my problems cleared up within a couple hours. I strongly feel the problem was on the company side and not mine since nothing here was changed. Those of you having these problems after having had good service should keep at tech support. I now have a good working service once again.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    I've noticed the quality of Voipo being much worse for me over the last few weeks. Call quality has been pretty flaky and people have noticed and said something to me.

I haven't changed routers or providers. I've also had port forwarding set up since I started. At the same time, I have another voip provider, and my service has been fine. Not sure if support will be able to work on.
    One simple thing to check if you're getting poor audio quality (as apposed to no audio at all) is to make sure you don't have some background service tying up all of your internet bandwidth. I had a customer who's call quality was perfect for several months, then one week it became awful. After testing, it turned out that one of the kids had installed a torrent downloader/server that was wide open with no throttling. It tied up almost all the bandwidth, so calls were dropping packets and sounded terrible. We shut off the torrent client and all was well again.

Viruses can have the same effect, so make sure your systems are clean.