Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I send and receive SMS from my Voipo number to a mobile phone?

Default Can I send and receive SMS from my Voipo number to a mobile phone?

Title says it all. I thought I saw that this could be done (or is in beta testing) but when I went to the control panel it doesn't show a dropdown to add my number? Any ideas?

Default Re: Can I send and receive SMS from my Voipo number to a mobile phone?

This is available for numbers in areas where our carrier partner supports SMS. If yours is not already showing it, contact support and ask if SMS can be enabled and support can check to see. If our primary carrier partner supports your area, then we will be able to do an internal transfer of the number to enable SMS.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thank you Tim.

I'll call support tomorrow.

Hi Tim,

I just got off the phone with support and they have initiated an internal porting of my number to allow SMS texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    Hi Tim,

I just got off the phone with support and they have initiated an internal porting of my number to allow SMS texting.
    Great! Glad we were able to get it setup for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Thank you again Tim! I am now planning on transferring my home Vonage number to Voipo as well.

I am having this same issue. I ported a number that I've had for 15 years to Voipo this week with the expectation of having text messages forwarded to my new phone. I hope the solution that worked for Ansextra can work for me -- I need help!!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    I am having this same issue. I ported a number that I've had for 15 years to Voipo this week with the expectation of having text messages forwarded to my new phone. I hope the solution that worked for Ansextra can work for me -- I need help!!! Thanks.
    SMS is available in about 95% of the areas we serve. If the option is not showing up in your control panel and your number has already ported, contact support@voipo.com and ask to check SMS availability for your area.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hello, I'm still looking for help with receiving SMS from my Voipo number (recently ported) to a mobile phone. When will the issues be addressed to provide this capability of 100% of customers? I also need to know if there is a workaround that I could use or what options are available to me at this point. Thank you kindly.

As I recall it took about 4 weeks to port my number within VOIPo in order that I can send and receive SMS. Once it is available there will be a dropdown box in the Control Panel. After SMS is activated on your line you can initiate a message from the control panel and then receive responses to your email account. As I use Gmail I set up a separate notification sound for SMS messages (using filters) and get notified immediately when a text arrives. Then I respond to the email and the recipient receives it as text. It's kludgy but it works fine.