Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nomorobo.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Nomorobo.com

^^^ There is no way ANYONE will ever be able to decipher a "legitimate" phone number that has been hijacked or spoofed. 90% of my "bad calls" are just that. Actual ROBO (taped message) calls are one thing. Maybe they can compile a list of those from user reports, but spoofed "real" residential numbers, even randomly generated ones that start with a real number ... no way. I have already got 2 of them today and it's been a "quiet" day. Just google "spoofed calls" and you'll find dozens of "services" that will provide any phone number you like, including, if you're unlucky, your own. Absolutely no possible way to defeat that.

Here is an interesting 2yr old article about my favorite. Despite the fact this "organization" has been busted and arrests made they are still calling me and many other many times a day. I get them on 3 phone lines & 2 cell numbers. Every time with a different local area code phone number. Over 2.6 BILLION calls made (and I think I got half of them) sometimes 2-3 times a day across all my numbers.

http://business.time.com/2012/04/06/...-just-go-away/

I made the mistake of enabling Nomorobo. It immediately started to block calls from a family cell phone. Disabled Nomorobo and the blocking continues. I opened a ticket to see if Voipo can manually disable the blocking. The Nomorobo WEB site is useless in helping. There is an email address to ask that a number be passed.

What happens is that I receive a 1/2 ring then my Voipo phone is silent. If I take the Voipo phone off hook, the caller is there and I can connect. The caller hears rings that are not sent to the Voipo phone. I want Nomorobo nomo !

Did something change this week? It was working fine with the single ring for a year or so. I'm getting completed calls for carpet cleaning and other companies this week. Something is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_TV View Post
    Did something change this week? It was working fine with the single ring for a year or so. I'm getting completed calls for carpet cleaning and other companies this week. Something is weird.
    No changes on our end that I know of.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No changes on our end that I know of.
    I'll watch it for a few more days next week and see what happens. I've confirmed that I have Nomorobo turned on and enabled in the Vpanel. Thanks.

I decided to give NMR another shot. Is it me or does it affect the VOIPO call quality? Only had 2 calls so far. Anyway .........

It seems that what NMR does now is allow a call to be passed if the blocked caller types in a random number provided by NMR. If you want to test out NMR rejection call your home FROM this number: 203-583-3042.

How can I call FROM this number you asK? Do what the telemarketers do. Use a spoofed number. You can do that from here (2x per day). http://bluffmycall.com/free/ I can see having a lot of fun with that service.

I signed up for Nomorobo in the very beginning and it works very well. One ring and the call goes into the bucket. I get a few calls each day like this.

following up on this old thread. any way to get a reseller listed with nomorobo?