Thread: Problem with granstream ht 502

Unhappy Problem with granstream ht 502

i been having issues with this adapter since i got it firt time ,but the must often problem is a WAN fast blinking light the first time i send a ticket to costumer support they told me to move the adapter in front of the router but the issue was not solve, on the second time they say to reboot the modem and the adapter because they had done some ajustments ,and i think they really did because the problem was fix that time, now is doing the same thing a flashing WAN light bery fast flashing like is dawnloading something , is been like that for hours, im not able to receive calls , the phones ran but when i pick the calls i got a busy line sound, i reboot the modem same with the adapter but not good luck; Im waiting for costumer support to reply in the issue. I also will email the voipo trace result is like a test on my network.
    Wheel i just want to share this with you this issue i keep posted the result of all this.
    thanks.

Default Re: Problem with granstream ht 502

well i can tell you that after been sending messages like crazy to costumer support the adapter is finally working fine. on my last ticket they ask if i have the adapter connected to the house wiring and i told them that yes thats the way is been connected since i got it, they say they did some ajustments. but i also desconnect it from the house wiring and hook 2 phones with multiple handsets and place it back after the router put the mac address in dmz and so far one thing or the other, but is working fine with not troubles at all.
    thanks guys
    is just to share my experiences with you.

If you connect your ATA to the house phone system make sure your house is physically disconnected from the phone company. That usually involves removing the connectors inside the telephone companies box on the side of your house.

yes , thanks Thorsdad i had it like that from the firt time but i looks like is a short in one of the outlets i just going to use it with multi hanset phones to keep it away from the house wiring .
    Its been working so fine since i desconnected from the house wiring.
    but thanks for the advice anyway.