Thread: PORT (Transfer) of number problem

Default PORT (Transfer) of number problem

I recieved a port confirmation that my number was going to be ported on 7/5/2011; I was forwarding all calls to the temporary number assigned to my account, last night I recieved a email stating that the temp (virutal) number has been removed from my account because the porting process has been completed.

The problem is, the number is still active with the other carrier and I am unable to recieve calls on the VOIPO line. I can make calls. I pluged in back the old carrier and calls are coming in. WHAT's WRONG?? I would like to close my account with the other carrier.

HELP.

Default Re: PORT (Transfer) of number problem

It sounds like it was not released or the transfer date as delayed. Please e-mail support@voipo.com and we will be able to check on it for you and restore the temporary number.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: PORT (Transfer) of number problem

Did you check to see if your number has really been ported?

Try checking the TNID database to see if has been updated with the new CLEC. In my case, VOIPo uses Bandwidth.com CLEC LLC, so that may be what you should see as well for your current telephone number.

http://tnid.us/lookup/your-phone-number-here

I had a day or so of overlap while the porting process completed. I lickened it to a DNS push that has to be propogated to multiple servers for the new route to fully take effect.

Since you are talking 7/5, that's over a month, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious here, as I don't know how much you already know.

Dave.