Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renewal

Default Renewal

I see that there is a $149 for 2 year deal for new customers. I am wondering if you can get that for renewal. If not, what is the renewal process? I haven't received any emails or anything and my last contract expires in 2 weeks.

Default Re: Renewal

Open a ticket and ask if they will extend the new customers deal to you. They are quick at responding.

I asked. They said that is only for new customers. I have not been that happy with the service. It works okay, but not great. I get a decent amount of dropped calls and periods where it didn't work. I am debating moving to Nettalk Duo or something like that.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm a new VOIPo customer and was hoping that when my contract was up they would have a retention deal for those that ask. I understand they want to convert customers to their standard rate plan to make money but I don't want to get on the merry-go-round of having to change services every couple of years to get a deal. Hopefully things will change before my 2 years are up.

Periodically VOIPo runs a promotion where you can extend your service for one or two years at a bargain price. I have taken advantage of this twice so far. Patience can pay off.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Periodically VOIPo runs a promotion where you can extend your service for one or two years at a bargain price. I have taken advantage of this twice so far. Patience can pay off.

Steve - Does VOIPo email or notify folks about the promotion (extend your service for one or two years at a bargain price) or how do you know when it is happening? Any input would be great.

Notify, yes, but whether it's email or a notice here in the forums, I can't recall. I think there was email, but it was definitely mentioned here in the forum. Doesn't hurt to follow VOIPo's Twitter feed either.
    Steve

The last one I was NOTIFIED of (by email) was "Black Monday" (or is it "Green Monday") last year. There may have been more along the way but I wouldn't know since I wasn't notified. They also use Twitter which I absolutely refuse to use so maybe I missed something there.

"Cyber Monday" it is sometimes called - the Monday after US Thanksgiving - though why, I don't know.
    Steve

I received one in early March for 2 years for $149. Since I was 5 months away from renewal and wasn't sure I even wanted to renew, I passed. I didn't realize they only did this 2x a year or so. It seems like if you miss the 2x/year promotion, you have to pay double to renew.