Thread: Email spam to voipo only address

Unhappy Email spam to voipo only address

I admit this notice is late. I do not always look at the to address in spam. Recently I noticed that a lot of my spam is to the address that I gave to voipo. I own my own domain and I always give each company a different email address. If they sell it, or someone is able to break in and get it, I normally stop doing business with them. The first spam to my voipo-only address was received on Dec 29 2014. This is for my billing email address, not the one that receives alerts for voicemail. I changed the address today to see if the offense was a one time thing or an ongoing thing.

Voipo: Did you sell my address? Did someone break in and get your billing database?

Thanks!

Jack Zielke

Default Re: Email spam to voipo only address

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Zielke View Post
    I admit this notice is late. I do not always look at the to address in spam. Recently I noticed that a lot of my spam is to the address that I gave to voipo. I own my own domain and I always give each company a different email address. If they sell it, or someone is able to break in and get it, I normally stop doing business with them. The first spam to my voipo-only address was received on Dec 29 2014. This is for my billing email address, not the one that receives alerts for voicemail. I changed the address today to see if the offense was a one time thing or an ongoing thing.

Voipo: Did you sell my address? Did someone break in and get your billing database?

Thanks!

Jack Zielke
    I have been doing this for almost 20 years, i just put a . and number after the old one if this happens. on Voipo i'm still on the first one, can't say that for paypal its up to #4 now. It not always the company fault, sometimes the spammers get lucky! But staying away from dictionary words helps.