Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Default Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

I guess I'll need to do the same ...

I had no issues calling my "problem numbers" between July at start of service and the end of August or mid-Sept.

Never had to request routing work for Packet 8, Sunrocket, or Viatalk.

Hertz

Quote Originally Posted by ai2000 View Post
    Good input, which other providers have this issue too? Any large ones? Never saw it with TimeWarner over 2 years of service.
    I've just started having the same issue with Timewarner. Noticed in my call logs that the times were showing up as am, however it was pm when I was calling out.

I am having the same problem with a wide variety of telephone numbers I am trying to call. Sometimes, it will drop the call after 15-20 seconds into the call.
    I truly hope that VOIPO is on top of this, and is in the process of fixing this. I cannot afford to not be able to return calls from clients, or be in the midst of a conversation with a client, and voila.... No one on the other end of the phone.

ISP is Comcast.
    Last edited by rmwlaw; 10-12-2011 at 07:51 AM.

I have similar issues. Finally got everything working about 2 weeks ago & then after my home phone number was successfully ported 2 days ago, these same outgoing call issues re-emerged; calls ring once & drop or go to called no. voicemail. Also can't get simultaneous ring to work on incoming calls. Both lines(one is cellphone) sometimes ring only once & then quickly go to voicemail before either line can be answered? ? ?

I was having the same persistent problem with one specific number. I created a support ticket in the evening and Voipo support resolved the issue by the next morning by applying a routing update for that number. Try getting that kind of quick help with your POTS. Thank you Voipo!

Hertz,

I had to request a routing fix when I was with Packet8.
    Last edited by voipinit; 10-15-2011 at 10:05 PM.

The support staff has been real pleasant and seemingly knowledgeable. Unfortunately, my problems keep popping up. Had not had an issue in nearly 1.5 years, and now customers cannot contact me as the phone drops calls after 1 or 2 messages, and jumps to voicemail. Also, my calls out drop after the conversation starts.
    I really hope they can figure out what is really happening!!!!

Angry Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Yes, I am having the same problem. Calls ring, then go busy while call is still ring on other phone. Does not ring and goes straight to call cutting off part of the opening conversation. Etc etc etc. What is happening?? It was working fine before.

+1 for dead air on our end and ringing on the other. It has been happening here for about a month. Seems to affect the same numbers for me as well. They say they made a change and had me reboot my ATA, then mentioned my router. The router has been configured the same way and up for months. Something obviously changed on their end somewhere.

I suspect the changes have to do with VOIPo routing calls with different carriers along the way.
    It is necessary in this business as carriers have problems and as a result require the providers to change routes on occasion.
    Each carrier has its own method of originating and termininating calls and sometimes these clash.

Even if this is a temporary problem, I would suggest setting up your routers to forward ports 5400-65000 to your ATA. Also want to create a fixed IP on your ATA ro the router knows where to point those forwarded ports.

Sometimes it is also necessary for the provider to put you on a different route due to certain areas that may have problems, and that can be done by creating a trouble ticket or maybe a phone call to them..