Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
I have a horrible issue with my Voipo service, I will likely have the police here accusing me of harassment.

When I place a call, it rings and rings from my side which seems like the other party isn't answering. What actually is happening is the party answers and gets dead air. They hang up then their phone rings again with caller ID showing my voipo number. This will continue for about half an hour. I tested by calling my cell phone and I counted 47 missed calls, all of which were caused by a single call from my voipo line. This also continues while my ATA is disconnected from the network and from power. So, this tells me the call is originating from Voipo's server.

The way I understand SIP, a placed call contacts the sip server to set the call up, once the server has established the call it connects the 2 sip devices to each other directly. For some reason their server continues to place calls to the destination for a half an hour. There is nothing I can do to make it stop. I have been trying to get to level 2 support with no luck, my support tickets are flooded with them wanting me to run their network test, reboot the device, etc. Obviously if I'm disconnected from the Internet and my voipo number repeatedly calls someone, its not a problem on my network.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way to get level 2 support involved to fix it?
Please contact our support team and we'll be happy to help. That's definitely not normal.