Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Default Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way to get level 2 support involved to fix it?
    I have had this happen a few times, if you contact VOIPoTim he can get you to level 2.

I have a horrible issue with my Voipo service, I will likely have the police here accusing me of harassment.

When I place a call, it rings and rings from my side which seems like the other party isn't answering. What actually is happening is the party answers and gets dead air. They hang up then their phone rings again with caller ID showing my voipo number. This will continue for about half an hour. I tested by calling my cell phone and I counted 47 missed calls, all of which were caused by a single call from my voipo line. This also continues while my ATA is disconnected from the network and from power. So, this tells me the call is originating from Voipo's server.

The way I understand SIP, a placed call contacts the sip server to set the call up, once the server has established the call it connects the 2 sip devices to each other directly. For some reason their server continues to place calls to the destination for a half an hour. There is nothing I can do to make it stop. I have been trying to get to level 2 support with no luck, my support tickets are flooded with them wanting me to run their network test, reboot the device, etc. Obviously if I'm disconnected from the Internet and my voipo number repeatedly calls someone, its not a problem on my network.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way to get level 2 support involved to fix it?
    Please contact our support team and we'll be happy to help. That's definitely not normal.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Hi Julia,

Same exact problem here. I have been on 3-4 calls with level 1 support. I FINALLY got to Tier 2, they did one thing, told me to reset my system and try again. Not only did it not fix the problem, it got worse.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in touch with VoipOTimothyDick. Maybe he'll read this.

Here is a summary of my issue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My phone is still broken and no one at Voipo is responding to my issue.

Here is a new problem that was created as a result of whatever changes Rachel made the other day.

Now, when calling my home (Voipo) phone from my office phone (Vonage), the call gets re-routed to the failover number (my wife's cell phone).

Please Help!!!

Jim

== == == == == == Forwarded message == == == == == ==
    To : <tier2@voipo.com>
    Date : Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:56:15 -0500
    Subject : Fwd: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers

Hi Rachel,

I am resending this message.

I had to just reset my Voipo box because incoming calls were going directly to the failover number. After reset, incoming calls come through properly.

I just discovered a new phone number where the system fails as reported below: 315-440-xxxx (my cell phone through TracFone).

Here is a number that works successfully (none of the issues below when calling this number): 315-488-xxxx (my home VOIP line through Verizon).

Please help, my wife is getting really annoyed with the service and it is hard to keep her from making me drop VOIPO as a carrier. I don't want to lose my VOIPO.

If you cannot figure it out, will you please get Timothy Dick involved?

Thank you,

Jim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:17:20 -0500
    To: tier2@voipo.com

Hi Rachel,

I reset my Voipo box and Verizon modem. No luck. My call from VOIPO to my office (Vonage) still just rings on my end and the recipient answer to silence as stated here:

Issue: Customer unable to connect to various numbers. Just rings on his end and the recipient picks up phone and there is just dead air. Once the customer hangs up the recipient gets another call with dead air even though the caller has already hung up. None of this shows in the call history so no call references to list. Calling our TF doesn't show up in call history either.

What can we do now?

Thank you,

Jim

On 2/27/2015 12:13 PM, VOIPo Tier 2 Support wrote:

fc98b484e4cb9713fab60a49697f4e@helpdesk.voipo.com" type="cite">Hello

I've made some adjustments to the adapter settings, please disconnect power for 30 seconds, plug back in, and test to the known numbers having this issue again.

Best Regards,

Rachel S
    VOIPo Customer Care

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: FNU-320-86705
    Department: Tier II Support
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Requests Handled in Order Received

Helpdesk: https://helpdesk.voipo.com

I have a horrible issue with my Voipo service, I will likely have the police here accusing me of harassment.

When I place a call, it rings and rings from my side which seems like the other party isn't answering. What actually is happening is the party answers and gets dead air. They hang up then their phone rings again with caller ID showing my voipo number. This will continue for about half an hour. I tested by calling my cell phone and I counted 47 missed calls, all of which were caused by a single call from my voipo line. This also continues while my ATA is disconnected from the network and from power. So, this tells me the call is originating from Voipo's server.

The way I understand SIP, a placed call contacts the sip server to set the call up, once the server has established the call it connects the 2 sip devices to each other directly. For some reason their server continues to place calls to the destination for a half an hour. There is nothing I can do to make it stop. I have been trying to get to level 2 support with no luck, my support tickets are flooded with them wanting me to run their network test, reboot the device, etc. Obviously if I'm disconnected from the Internet and my voipo number repeatedly calls someone, its not a problem on my network.

Last edited by 4plus3vette; 03-02-2015 at 06:56 PM.

As I said in the PM reply, I asked a supervisor to take a look at your ticket and get in touch with you about it.

You should hear from a supervisor shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by 4plus3vette View Post
    Hi Julia,

Same exact problem here. I have been on 3-4 calls with level 1 support. I FINALLY got to Tier 2, they did one thing, told me to reset my system and try again. Not only did it not fix the problem, it got worse.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in touch with VoipOTimothyDick. Maybe he'll read this.

Here is a summary of my issue:

Hello,

My phone is still broken and no one at Voipo is responding to my issue.

Here is a new problem that was created as a result of whatever changes Rachel made the other day.

Now, when calling my home (Voipo) phone from my office phone (Vonage), the call gets re-routed to the failover number (my wife's cell phone).

Please Help!!!

Jim

To : <tier2@voipo.com>
    Date : Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:56:15 -0500
    Subject : Fwd: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers

Hi Rachel,

I am resending this message.

I had to just reset my Voipo box because incoming calls were going directly to the failover number. After reset, incoming calls come through properly.

I just discovered a new phone number where the system fails as reported below: 315-440-xxxx (my cell phone through TracFone).

Here is a number that works successfully (none of the issues below when calling this number): 315-488-xxxx (my home VOIP line through Verizon).

Please help, my wife is getting really annoyed with the service and it is hard to keep her from making me drop VOIPO as a carrier. I don't want to lose my VOIPO.

If you cannot figure it out, will you please get Timothy Dick involved?

Thank you,

Jim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:17:20 -0500
    To: tier2@voipo.com

Hi Rachel,

I reset my Voipo box and Verizon modem. No luck. My call from VOIPO to my office (Vonage) still just rings on my end and the recipient answer to silence as stated here:

Issue: Customer unable to connect to various numbers. Just rings on his end and the recipient picks up phone and there is just dead air. Once the customer hangs up the recipient gets another call with dead air even though the caller has already hung up. None of this shows in the call history so no call references to list. Calling our TF doesn't show up in call history either.

What can we do now?

Thank you,

Jim

On 2/27/2015 12:13 PM, VOIPo Tier 2 Support wrote:

fc98b484e4cb9713fab60a49697f4e@helpdesk.voipo.com" type="cite">Hello

I've made some adjustments to the adapter settings, please disconnect power for 30 seconds, plug back in, and test to the known numbers having this issue again.

Best Regards,

Rachel S
    VOIPo Customer Care

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: FNU-320-86705
    Department: Tier II Support
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Requests Handled in Order Received

Helpdesk: https://helpdesk.voipo.com
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

VOIPoTim, you got the job done. Things are operating normally again. Thank you very much.