Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redesigned VOIPo.com Site

Default Redesigned VOIPo.com Site

We've just rolled out a redesign of our main www.VOIPo.com website.

What does everyone think?

Does anyone see any bugs with it?

PS: Yes, the new vPanel design is right behind it and will be rolled out soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Redesigned VOIPo.com Site

I like it overall, though the pages seem a bit long to me. Still, the layout is nice and the important information is at the top.

One bug - each page offers a place for me to log in to vPanel. When I put in my credentials there, it just takes me to the old vPanel login rather than actually logging in.

The international page is far too long - much too much information to be sent to every viewer on that page. Put it behind the country search tool.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We've just rolled out a redesign of our main www.VOIPo.com website.

What does everyone think?
    Nice!! What about...
    Oh. Yeah. That.

Looks Great. Much Improved!

Tim - I sent you a PM on this Forum. Wanted to make sure that you received it. Thanks

Hmm - I replied earlier and it told me my post had to be moderated... Wonder why- I hardly said anything controversial.
    Steve

I like the snappy feel. Organized.
    Sign-up is very transparent.
    The contact page might be improved wit https for a secure form.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Hmm - I replied earlier and it told me my post had to be moderated... Wonder why- I hardly said anything controversial.
    The flagging for that is all automated through a service that analyzes each post and it does have a lot of false positives. Not sure why your post was flagged, but i's not specific to your account.

Post is approved now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

My initial impression is that I like the redesign.

The features page doesn't mention Beta Features. Some, such as outgoing fax are quite important to some people. Perhaps you should work on making Beta Features real features.

How Does VOIPo Work? section could be more informative. Perhaps a link to a page with ATA photos and installation instructions. Some of us like to see what we are getting and exactly what we will need to do before we order.

Why Choose VOIPo? Good but "Save up to 75% on phone service."? I figure that I am saving 83% and am getting more features.

Cloud Numbers, I'd add a Fax Number box next to the US and Toll Free boxes to make it clearer. Do you get outgoing Beta Fax with a Cloud Number?

Reseller VoIP, does that need to be on the main menu bar and a main part of the front page? Seems confusing for laymen and anyone looking for reseller/affiliate programs know to look in the footer. Unless I'm missing something it seems like a very specialized program rather than a service option I should look into.

Support/Getting Help page, no link to this forum? On the topic of this forum it would be nice it someone at VOIPo responded to questions here. Some questions don't warrant a support ticket but it seems that is the only way to get an answer.

Order Form, as I mentioned in another (so far unanswered) post the Promo/Referral Code box does nothing when I enter my phone number and click Apply.

Those are my initial thoughts looking over the new design. I'm looking forward to seeing the new vPanel.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Well, since the main site is primarily to sell the service, which was already at a level to convince me, most of my time is spent using the vPanel which please-o-please upgrade. It's almost embarrassingly painful to use. I'd be more than happy to provide feedback on that. I don't have much need to visit the main marketing site any longer...

I just signed up for Voipo on 11/1. I am trying to use the forums to answer questions I have since there was next to no documentation sent with the device. Every time I want to do a search Captcha is required and now I see it is also required for posting. I completely understand using Captcha for unregistered users but for registered members it is completely unacceptable. Please remove it for users that are logged in, there is no reason for it, that is what admins and mods are for.