Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacklist options - which one is BEST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Blacklist options - which one is BEST

I see I can blacklist, busy signal, disconnected, voicemail and forward unwanted calls.......

What is the BEST ONE to make people NOT call me again ? I seem to blacklist phone numbers but I still get calls from them...

And what is the difference between the ACTION and APPLY blue button, shown AFTER I make my selection

Can I get a list of all the numbers I have BLACKLISTED as I can see if one I want on it is there ?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Blacklist options - which one is BEST

What is the BEST ONE to make people NOT call me again ? I seem to blacklist phone numbers but I still get calls from them...

I use DISCONNECTED.

And what is the difference between the ACTION and APPLY blue button, shown AFTER I make my selection

APPLY = applies the selection you make in the drop down box
    NO ACTION = doesn't apply anything selected and simply closes the pop-up window

Can I get a list of all the numbers I have BLACKLISTED as I can see if one I want on it is there ?

In vPanel go to Features tab, click Call Routes, and look under Incoming Routes. You will see all the numbers that you have blacklisted, disconnected, etc. You can manually add/remove numbers as needed here as well.
    Last edited by tritch; 10-13-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Super, thanks!

Usually I use DISCONNECTED but sometimes I like to forward certain unwanted callers to the "Rejection Hotline.": 773-509-5027

It's a funny line .... check it out.

I'm a new VoIPo customer and just got my service up and running successfully last week. Everything is working good so far and now I'd like to start doing a little tweaking. Anyway, I've already searched for an answer to this question on the forums but had no luck:

Is there any form of a vPanel "features glossary" that would give a description of what the various vPanel settings do?

Most settings seem pretty self-explanatory but, among other things, I'd like to know what happens when I apply different actions to incoming calls. For example, what happens when I set a number to "blacklist", "busy signal", or "disconnect"? Which have most of you found to be most effective in preventing calls from telemarketers, etc?

Thanks.

When I select "Disconnected" as an incoming call action, what does the caller hear? Is it a message that says, "this number has been disconnected" or something to that extent?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    When I select "Disconnected" as an incoming call action, what does the caller hear? Is it a message that says, "this number has been disconnected" or something to that extent?
    Yes, it's the standard disconnected message.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I would truly like to see this too. Better would be context sensitive help in the Vpanel, but as a minimum we need a help page keyed to each menu item in the Vpanel that explains exactly what each option does.

For example what is MWI? Not in the glossary, I checked, however under the "voicemail" tab in the "select mailbox" section there is a box to click that says "update MWI" with no explanation of what MWI is.

Just one of several things I saw that would save a lot of time for new users if there were a proper help file, also would save lots of support time for Voipo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    I'm a new VoIPo customer and just got my service up and running successfully last week. Everything is working good so far and now I'd like to start doing a little tweaking. Anyway, I've already searched for an answer to this question on the forums but had no luck:

Is there any form of a vPanel "features glossary" that would give a description of what the various vPanel settings do?

Most settings seem pretty self-explanatory but, among other things, I'd like to know what happens when I apply different actions to incoming calls. For example, what happens when I set a number to "blacklist", "busy signal", or "disconnect"? Which have most of you found to be most effective in preventing calls from telemarketers, etc?

Thanks.

MWI is Message Waiting Indicator. It's the red light that blinks on your phone when you have voicemail.

But, yeah, it would be nice if you didn't have to ask.

Someone up top mentioned a rejection hotline which I thought was genius. I found 7722574501 which is the Rick Astley "RickRoll'd" hotline. Free to use. I've only had Voipo for a week and put 5 numbers on it already.

Thank you Voipo ATT had a blacklist service that cost $5 a month. You could only have 10 numbers on it at a time. Uh, no thanks.
    PinWiz
    -Rockford, Michigan
    -Saving $636 per year having moved my home phone from ATT to Voipo