Thread: VOIPO, Acrobits 4.9.2 & iOS 5.0.1

Default VOIPO, Acrobits 4.9.2 & iOS 5.0.1

Too many changes, too close together.

My Linksys ATA died and was replaced with a Grandstream; about the same time that Acrobits did a drive-by download of an appl
    update. Incoming call handling went from rock-solid, to pseudo-random.

Then I *chose* (damn it) to install iOS 5.0.1.

Now; whenever Acrobits is running in the background, incoming calls never ring.

In frustration, I tried fring. It solves the above problem, but lacks the dial-string
    support that I *require*

Given that GroundWire and Acrobits have similar code bases; I'm reluctant to throw
    another $10 at the problem and praying.

Anyone know of a full-function SIP client that works on iOS 5.0.1
    I spend 80% of my money on airplanes & beer. The rest is wasted.

Default Re: VOIPO, Acrobits Setting up Softphone on iPhone

Does anyone know what the basic settings for VOIPO on Acrobits Softphone are? I am looking at the "Enter SIP Account Details" Page, I am using iPhone 4S

Thanks

Default Re: VOIPO, Acrobits 4.9.2 & iOS 5.0.1

I've been doing some research into various SIP clients for iOS and I keep seeing Acrobits and Bria consistenly mentioned as two of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    I've been doing some research into various SIP clients for iOS and I keep seeing Acrobits and Bria consistenly mentioned as two of the best.
    I use Bria, and so do my clients.

Hi, I've got IOS 5.1.1 and am running Acrobits 5.2 (WiFI) without a problem. Works great. Have not tried it using 3G yet so can't comment on that.

I use Acrobits Groundwire and can make and receive calls from VOIPo. I didn't do anything unusual.
    Steve

Acrobits 5.4.1 works great for me when calling from wifi. But there's a bug when I try to make an outgoing call from Verizon 3G/LTE: if the call is unanswered, the call will drop rather than going to voicemail. If anyone is aware of any configuration setting I can change to fix this? Acrobits tech support suggested trying various combinations of setting NAT Traversal to Auto/Off/Stun and Discover Global IP to Internal/External, but none of those six possible combinations worked.