Thread: Voipo Moblie soft phone static dynamic ip

Default Voipo Moblie soft phone static dynamic ip

I tried using my voipo android app to makes calls to the US from Mexico. The app would not register to the voipo servers. Voipo tells me that I would need a static ip address and get it white listed in order for it to work. How is that going to work if I go to a Starbucks or any other wifi zones. Most places use a dynamic ip. What do I do from here?

Default Re: Voipo Moblie soft phone static dynamic ip

Unfortunately, it's not going to work.

Voipo will not allow any device to register when the IP address is located outside the US, which pretty much makes Voipo useless when traveling out of the country. I found this out last year when I was in Paris trying to make a call back to the US. I was pretty upset about it too, since my BYOD settings within vPanel was already restricted to US calls only (no international calls allowed). I couldn't even access vPanel via the web either and only found out about their policy via an email to their support group. However, I was in Canada a few months ago and Voipo accepts their IP's and allowed my softphone to register.

I had never seen or been told of this policy beforehand, so Voipo is definitely lacking communication to their customers. You got caught off guard like I did.

Their requirement to have a whitelisted static IP is impractical and unrealistic for the casual traveler. IMO, they need to come up with some sort of solution, especially if the calls are being made to other US phone numbers. I suppose a VPN connection back to the US might work, but why should we have to go to this trouble.....
    Last edited by tritch; 08-25-2015 at 07:42 PM.