Thread: Problem with voice cutting out during calls

Default Problem with voice cutting out during calls

I called my VoIPo number for work and had a conversation. The person of the VoIPo end could hear me fine, but his voice kept cutting out for me. This is the first time I've callen to the VoIPo number, so I don't know if this is a common problem. I have the adaptor hooked directly to the TWC modem.

Default Re: Problem with voice cutting out during calls

Were you able to get this resolved? I have the same issue...

I have/had the same exact issue. My problem has finally been found. Root cause was I run Backblaze backup software in the background. When my computer is running, Backblaze will run once an hour, and hog ALL the upload bandwidth, backing up changed files. Even though Backblaze has settings to throttle down the upload speed, it doesn't seem to work effectively. If you have similar software, that could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortopassi View Post
    I have/had the same exact issue. My problem has finally been found. Root cause was I run Backblaze backup software in the background. When my computer is running, Backblaze will run once an hour, and hog ALL the upload bandwidth, backing up changed files. Even though Backblaze has settings to throttle down the upload speed, it doesn't seem to work effectively. If you have similar software, that could be it.
    No I don't have any program running that is using up bandwidth. I also have all the necessary ports open on my router (cisco e4200)...

Quote Originally Posted by jts_01 View Post
    No I don't have any program running that is using up bandwidth. I also have all the necessary ports open on my router (cisco e4200)...
    Could there be something else in your household using up bandwidth?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by pjo1966 View Post
    I called my VoIPo number for work and had a conversation. The person of the VoIPo end could hear me fine, but his voice kept cutting out for me. This is the first time I've callen to the VoIPo number, so I don't know if this is a common problem. I have the adaptor hooked directly to the TWC modem.
    Common problem.