Thread: 2nd line caller id

Default 2nd line caller id

If I use the "2nd" feature in beta and move my virtual number to the second line, can I control the outbound caller id for line 1 and line 2 individually?

Default Re: 2nd line caller id

Yes-----that's the exact setup I have, and you can choose to use either number for caller ID or use any other telephone numbers, mobile or otherwise, that you can verify on your account through the "mobile" tab on "Beta" in vPanel.

I purchased a virtual line and it is now listed as the 2nd line under "2nd" in the Beta tab of VPanel. How do I set a separate caller ID for this line? Thanks!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    this doesn't allow you to set up separate outbound caller ID's... that changes the caller ID for both the virtual number and normal number.

If you select the correct line from the drop-down box at the top of vPanel, you can then select which number you want to use for that line's caller ID.

I have two different numbers using the same ATA, and this is exactly how I've done it, and each line shows the correct caller ID number on an outbound call.

If you have further difficulties, I'd suggest that you contact support and have them guide you through the change.

Good luck!

the drop down menu at the top of VPanel doesn't show my virtual number - it still only shows my main number - so I have no way of selecting it...

Quote Originally Posted by martym View Post
    the drop down menu at the top of VPanel doesn't show my virtual number - it still only shows my main number - so I have no way of selecting it...
    It sounds like you've not upgraded to two different lines, where you can select a virtual number to assign to the 2nd phone port on your ATA. Once you do this, its a new line sharing the same minutes with its own number routing, and contact list, and such.

The down-side is if you want the same routing rules and contacts, you need to add them again, or as you go.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!