Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to port from TWC

Default Unable to port from TWC

Hello all, I am a new customer that would like to take this opportunity to vent my frustration at the inability of Voipo's carrier, Broadvox, to port my number to my new service.
    According the the FCC: The FCC requires interconnected VoIP providers and telephone companies that obtain numbers for them to comply with Local Number Portability (LNP) rules. Beginning in late summer 2010, VoIP providers, as well as wireless and wireline providers, must shorten the porting period for “simple” ports from the current four days to one business day. The new deadline applies to all simple ports – including “intermodal” ports such as wireline to wireless, wireless to wireline, wireline or wireless to VoIP, or any other combination.
    My research found a FCC document, signed by Time Warner, agreeing to a 48 hour window for the porting process. further research on various forums seems to indicate that the porting process, as it applies to TWC, takes anywhere from 30 to 45 days. TWC uses an internet portal into their gui system called LSR. There the carrier inputs the customer data into twc's system to request a number to be ported. According to Voipo reps and the Broadvox rep all information I gave them is being inputted correctly and I have verified this. Normal customer service channels through TWC have been a dead end as they keep telling me they have not received any port requests. Broadvox tells me they have made multiple requests and keep getting an error message back from TWC stating 'TN not found'. I have even gone so far as to make a direct call to TWC's CLEC operations center and talk to their team leader. That was an interesting conversation as the first words out of her mouth was "how did you get this number?" Google, baby, Google. Anyway, she further confirmed they had no record of any port requests. Broadvox is telling me they have left messages at the TWC CLEC center, but has not heard back from them.
    After numerous conversations with Voipo, Broadvox, and Time Warner Cable I am at an impasse. I have nowhere else to go and no one else to talk to. To Voipo's credit, they have been extremely helpful and I feel they are doing the best they can to resolve this issue. I believe the fault ultimately lies with Voipo's carrier, Broadvox, who seems unable to pick up the phone and call TWC's CLEC center to speak with someone there and resolve this glitch. I suspect the problem lies with the LSR portal system that must have PRECISE data entered and submitted or it will not accept the request, hence, no record of a request.
    All reps I have spoken with talk of escalating the ticket as if that is going to do any good. To me escalating means find someone in charge on the other end, speaking with them, and resolving the issue then and there. What I am seeing is a breakdown in communication between Broadvox and TWC, with Broadvox unwilling to take action. In the meantime I will keep pressing the issue to bring it to a conclusion. Non-resolution will result in my sending back the interface device, request a refund of all money, and I will try my luck with another provider.

Bert

Default Re: Unable to port from TWC

I had the exact same problem where TWC kept responding to VOIPO indicating my number didn't exist. I get the feeling they (TWC) dragged it out to get a couple more billing cycles out of me before porting the number. I must say the few bucks they got out of me will ensure I never return to their service.

I escalated within VOIPO tim at voipo dot com who assigned a representative to the case (a gentleman by the name Christopher G. who I reached by sending email to support at voipo dot com) who first called me to understand the problem and made every attempt to move things along. Christopher also sent me weekly updates concerning the issue and was very responsive to my queries during the entire transfer. All in all it took about 2 full months to finalize the transfer.

Thus far, the phone has been working perfectly after the transfer was complete.

Definitely get Tim and Christopher G. in the loop on this.

Hope it works out for you.

After a year of poor cable quality and poor customer service I decided that enough is enough. I dropped the cable TV and went with DirectTV. Much better quality and features as well as cheaper.The only thing I had left to do was get my phone ported over to a new vendor. I chose Voipo because of the positive feedback on this and other forums. So far my experience has been good with them and I have no reason to believe they are not trying to resolve this issue.
    The FCC rules specifically state in its porting rules that the porting period changed from four days to one business day. The new deadline, which took effect in the summer of 2010, applies to all simple ports, including wireline, wireless, and voip. All carriers are required to meet this deadline. Under a FCC document WC Docket No. 07-244, to which TWC was a signatory, TWC supported a maximum porting interval of 48 hours and that porting-out carriers provide the basis for rejecting a port request at the time of rejection and identify ALL POTENTIAL ERRORS in a port request that could result in its rejection. Therefore Time Warner Cable is in violation of FCC rules. I am hoping that by my posting here Voipo will, shall I say, light a fire under their carrier. At the least, Voipo's carrier needs to require TWC to identify specific errors with the LNR request other than "TN not found". That would be a good start in resolving the problem.

That's strange. I ported my TWC phone number to VoipO last October and it took 13 calendar days from the time I submitted my porting request paperwork to VoipO. No problems whatsoever.

I do know that its important to include your TWC account PIN on the porting paperwork. I imagine that omitting something like your PIN might cause hiccups that would slow down the process?

Would that PIN be the last four digits of my SS#? If so, I wonder why either carrier did not ask for it?

As an update, and to Voipo's credit, I received the ATA very quickly and installation was easy and quick. The virtual number worked right away and sound was clear.

In order to start using the Voipo service until Time Warner finally decides to release my number to the new service I am forwarding my number to the virtual number supplied by Voipo.
    Time Warner Call Forwarding allows you to forward all your incoming calls to another number. To use this feature:

1.Press *72; listen for 3 short beeps and then a dial tone.

2.For long distance dialing enter the 10-digit number (1+ area code + phone number) where calls will be forwarded to and wait for the confirmation tone. After the confirmation tone, the system will automatically place a courtesy call to the forward-to number. (If your local calling area only requires 7 digits please do not enter the area code).

3.If the forward-to party answers the courtesy call, the feature is activated.

4.If at setup time, the forward-to line is busy or there is no answer to the courtesy call, the feature will not be activated. You can still activate Call Forwarding by repeating steps 1 and 2 within two minutes of the first attempt. You will hear an error message if the forward-to number is invalid.

5.If you have Voicemail, your calls that would usually go to Voice Mail will continue to go to the forward-to number.

6.Calls will continue to be forwarded to the chosen number until deactivated. You must remember to deactivate Call Forwarding by pressing *73 and wait for the deactivation confirmation tone.

Hope this can help anyone else in this predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoehenge View Post
    Would that PIN be the last four digits of my SS#? If so, I wonder why either carrier did not ask for it?
    I was able to find my TWC account PIN on my TWC billing statements. When I filled out the VoIPo paperwork to authorize my phone number port, there was a field that asked for the last 4 digits of my SSN and a separate field that asked for my account PIN. The TWC PIN seemed to be a random 4 digit number.

Actually, I believe it is called the customer code. It is located on the upper right of the bill, below the account number. I received a communication from voipo support canceling the LNR with their carrier. They said they would submit it to a different carrier. I think they need to investigate why their carrier is unable to do a simple port request with TWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoehenge View Post
    Actually, I believe it is called the customer code. It is located on the upper right of the bill, below the account number. I received a communication from voipo support canceling the LNR with their carrier. They said they would submit it to a different carrier. I think they need to investigate why their carrier is unable to do a simple port request with TWC.
    We had a problem with TWC at outset with them not allowing us to choose a long distance carrier as we were told we could before switching from sprint/Century link.
    It literally went on for years and ended up being that since both were using sprint lines nothing could be done. I am sure it could have been but no one saw it through to the right channels. If that is the case then Sprint should be responsible. Why would they tell us we could use this other long distance carrier and then not follow through?

D