Thread: Unable to forward line 2 using VPanel

Default Unable to forward line 2 using VPanel

I recently added a virtual number to my account and then using the "2nd line" option in Beta, created a virtual number on line 2. Using the control panel, when pulling down the second line options (760-nnn-nnn Add On line) in Features, call forwarding is not an option. If I forward the line manually using *20 you can then see in the control panel that the line is forwarded but there is no option to cancel or change it from there meaning currently the only way I can change forwarding on that line is to be physically present. Am I missing a step? I tried to research other threads listing this and found nothing. Thanks!

Default Re: Unable to forward line 2 using VPanel

The "add-on line" does not have all the same functionality as the main line due to its low cost. In order to forward a number, you would need it to be the primary line (or have it ring to the primarily line and forward the whole account).

The reason for this is that they are offered at a deep discount and forwarding uses double the minutes (we have to pay for the incoming call and an outgoing call to the destination you forward to for the entire length of the call). If we allowed individual forwarding on the discounted virtual numbers, people could in theory add a bunch of them and forward them all independently. It sounds like you found a backdoor way to do it, but the reason it is missing is that we just can't allow discounted virtual numbers to have the same functionality as a full account.

Another option besides making it a full account, would be to move it to our cloud offering which is a forwarding only service that includes 300 minutes per month and is 2.5 cents per minute beyond 300. Here is some information: http://www.voipo.com/cloudnumbers.php
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook