Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: freePBX Asterisk problem

Default Re: freePBX Asterisk problem

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Ray, what did you guys change? I have had no issues with outbound calls, suddenly today, I'm having the same problem (no outbound.) I added the fromuser and it works? Whatever you did, wow. I had to add fromuser, fromdomain AND change the context to specifically voipo.com
    I don't know of any changes today, but there could have been. Since the residential service is designed to make sure there's no Caller ID spoofing and things along those lines, security has been tightened a lot lately. Sorry
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Wow. No kidding on the security tightening. I had to make the same changes. Your system is much less forgiving to * users now. I do understand why, and my comment isn't intended as criticism, just an observation.

If you're going to allow * users with a system this 'tight' (especially if you put in more restrictions), you will need to either post in your knowledgebase known-working config settings or, at least, have a canned ticket response for * setup requests. ("These settings are known to work, but beyond providing this information to you, we cannot provide specific support for * users.")

FWIW, I made all the suggested changes and still get the same error: WARNING[2350] chan_sip.c: Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"305777xxxx". Security sure has been tightened! If I can't figure it out I will create a ticket.

BTW: I like what the Gizmo5 is doing. For $4/yr they let you set your Outgoing Caller ID. Setting the Caller ID to the home phone number is a must for the wife factor.
    Last edited by john; 05-14-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: typo

John, one gotcha you may have missed: the outbound context MUST now be called voipo.com. I had been using VOIPO for outbound and VOIPO_in for inbound and even with all the other changes, still no joy. I noticed Ray had the outbound context as voipo.com and changed to that and was good to go.

Well, this sucks. Just tried making a call, and it went through, but then I got an email from the script that alerts me when a trunk is down. Checked, and sure enough, no voipo. I have NOT changed anything...

Looking at 'sip show peers', codeblue is showing as unreachable, so maybe something's going on. I'll check again tomorrow.

Update this AM: still down. codeblue.voipo.com is still showing as UNREACHABLE. At least inbound still works
    Last edited by dswartz; 05-15-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Shows UNREACHABLE for me also this morning.

VOIPoNorm Guest

John,

Can you please open a ticket at http://support.voipo.com

Please include the sip.conf context you are using to connect.

Also, please include the SIP phone number you're using to connect.

Regards,
    Norm

Norm, I opened a ticket too. The sip info is exactly the working one I PM'ed you...

I was just able to place a few outbound calls (via DISA) on my Residential line. I used the outbound trunk settings posted earlier in the thread, copied below:

host=codeblue.voipo.com
    username=919249xxxx
    secret=(secret, of course)
    type=friend
    insecure=invite
    qualify=yes
    nat=yes
    port=5060
    fromuser=919249xxxx
    fromdomain=919249xxxx
    context=voipo

I have not played with other settings (that I recall) to significantly change them from the default PBX-in-a-Flash setup. (I recently backed up my Trixbox, then over-wrote with PIAF to see if I like PIAF better.) However, I'll see if I can sanitize and retrieve my entire config files so I can post them.

VOIPoNorm Guest

Hi,

I think there may be Asterisk (and FreePBX is just a wrapper around Asterisk) is sending OPTIONS messages. These messages were being rejected by some enhanced security we put in place.

The "qualify" setting turns this "feature" on: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+qualify

The problem here is that we need to authenticate these messages. This is going to take some more investigative work to resolve. In the mean time, I have relaxed this particular security setting.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Regards,
    Norm