Thread: Faxing . . .

Default Faxing . . .

Can I plug my fax machine into VOIPo?

Default Re: Faxing . . .

You can plug it in. Whether it will send or receive faxes, though, is another thing. Some people have success with this, others do not. Officially, fax machines are not supported by VOIPo. VOIPo provides a free method of sending faxes through the web control panel, and you can purchase an incoming fax number (toll-free) for about $36/year.
    Steve

blassls... give it a try... it is probably 50/50 that it will work. There's no easy rhyme or reason... maybe some fax machines are more tolerant to jitter, maybe some internet connections are just a bit better, etc.

if it doesn't work, you'll need to either keep an analog fax line, or go to an eFax solution.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    if it doesn't work, you'll need to either keep an analog fax line, or go to an eFax solution.
    "eFax" should be read as generic term - not the name of specific company. There are many providers that will give you internet faxing capabilities for a very small price. (I am using extremefax for over a year and love it... and I won't get any referrals if you sign up with them)

onesuite.com will give you a number and unlimited incoming faxes for 99.cents a month or unlimited outgoing and incoming for 2.95 you choose you own number.

To make a fax machine possibly work with VoIP you need to slow down the send rate quite a bit (found in settings on any decent machine). This will in effect try to slow down the sending process to that of a standard analog line. But you may still incur errors and issues. Easiest fix is E-Fax, its available in your control panel using your existing number, or you could use a cloud number to send and receive faxes, my business operates with E-Fax alone. Won't ever go back.