Thread: voip drops calls at 30-32 seconds, but only toll-free numbers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default voip drops calls at 30-32 seconds, but only toll-free numbers

My Android phone has started dropping VoipO outbound calls at 30-32 seconds.

Only calls to toll free numbers are dropping. I have a conference call application that offers both toll and toll free numbers. The toll number now drops at 30-32 seconds. The toll number works normally.

I tried this with various time and information service numbers listed at the following URL, and the behavior is the same: toll free drop at 30 or 32 seconds, toll numbers do not drop.

http://www.blindhog.net/phone-direct...scom/#comments

I had CSipSimple installed, removed that and got the same results with the native Android VOIP client. This problem was first observed this morning, around 07:00 Central.

My VoipO-supplied and configured Linksys ATA for the same VoipO account does not have this problem, only my Android BYOD device. Also, the problem does not appear when using wireless 3G connection, just when I use my wireline ISP (Cox). Problem does not appear when using BYOD device's native wireless (cellular) outbound calling mode.

My BYOD set up is Android 2.3.7, Cyanogenmod 7-20120420-NIGHTLY-Liberty, HTC LIberty (Aria)
    Last edited by wistlo; 05-10-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: ISP and cellular notes