Hello,

Looking for some suggestions for improving our Voipo service reliability.

We've had our number with Voipo since 2009, using a PAP2T ATA connected to an analog input on a DECT 6.0 multi-handset cordless phone.

Over the years, there has always been some level of trouble receiving incoming calls, but over the past few months it has gotten to the point where the majority of our incoming calls fail (defined as fail to establish a two-way audio communication).

Outgoing has never been a problem.

Generally, what we have happen is a call will come in, we can hear the other party, but they can't hear us, so we hang up and dial back.

Our Internet provider also since 2009 has been Verizon FIOS. It has been very trouble-free and reliable, both for TV service as well as network speed and stability.

We are provisioned at the Verizon ONT such that the Internet is delivered directly via an Ethernet connection, and the TV signal is delivered via coax to a Cablecard decoder.

From the ONT, the Ethernet connection goes into a router feeding our home network. The PAP2T ATA is behind this router device.

Over the years, I've had various devices in this "router" position such as a Linksys WAP54g (with and without DD-WRT), a Buffalo WZR-300HP (with and without DD-WRT) and a pfSense box.

All these routers have had the same issue of not receiving incoming calls to one degree or another, no matter what configuration settings were tried.

I've followed the advice given here in the forums, and in the troubleshooting guides on the Voipo site.

The ATA is assigned a static IP (by DHCP) and has ports 5004-65000 forwarded to it. I've also tried placing it in the "DMZ" and disabling SIP ALG, when that option is available.

All the network and phone gear is powered and protected by a UPS and aside from when I manually power-down or reset devices, everything stays continuously running.

Along the same lines, I'm not likely to make changes to the router configuration. Often it is several months to years between logging into the devices or making changes or updating firmware.

I've opened several trouble tickets over the years and tried various things, but nothing ultimately seems to permanently solve this lingering issue.

What I'm looking for advice on is what combination of hardware and/or software can I install that will guarantee we will no longer have incoming call failure?

If possible, I'd like to:

• Keep pfSense (or something like it)
  • Keep the phone gear behind the router
  • Eliminate the ATA and go directly to the cordless phone base (a Siemens Gigaset S675IP)

Whatever the solution, I don't mind if it's fairly technical or a bit complicated to install, but it needs to be stable and able to run with little to no oversight once put into service.

Thanks!

-Russ