Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming in July...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Coming in July...

Tim, I've no doubt if I send you an SMS from a cell it'll come through. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, see if you can switch your cell number for those accounts to your test number. That was one of the use cases my telna cell number can't handle and one I was hoping your provider would.
    Last edited by Russell; 06-23-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Tim, I've no doubt if I send you an SMS from a cell it'll come through. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, see if you can switch your cell number for those accounts to your test number. That was one of the use cases my telna cell number can't handle and one I was hoping your provider would.
    So it's mainly receiving messages you're thinking may be issue? If so I could try messaging you from it?

Or is it isolated only to shortcodes (which are an entirely more complex beast...we know this all too well because we have a VOIPo shortcode now to launch a short code/SMS marketing service for our business customers later this year). Shartcodes are a lot more complex because each individual cell carrier has to approve a shortcode on their network. For our shortcode as an example we essentially had to submit different applications to each carrier and they all approved based on their own timelines/criteria, so we had Verizon approval before Sprint approval, etc. Shortcodes are very convoluted and if someone doesn't have their shortcode setup with a particular carrier it won't work.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-23-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yes, I suspect most of my issues were short codes related - it's been a couple of months since I got the telna account so my memory is a little fuzzy. All I know is when I got it I thought I'd use it for all kinds of things and it was a disaster. I believe when I tried it with my bank and investment company one said they'd send me an SMS, which I never did receive. The other wanted to use a short code which telna could not handle. With telna, I didn't have an issue sending to individual cell phones or receiving from them. As always, I'll be happy to beta test this.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Yes, I suspect most of my issues were short codes related - it's been a couple of months since I got the telna account so my memory is a little fuzzy. All I know is when I got it I thought I'd use it for all kinds of things and it was a disaster. I believe when I tried it with my bank and investment company one said they'd send me an SMS, which I never did receive. The other wanted to use a short code which telna could not handle. With telna, I didn't have an issue sending to individual cell phones or receiving from them. As always, I'll be happy to beta test this.
    PM or e-mail me your number and I can send you a test message through it if you want.

Also I got your e-mail about BETA testing. We'll be opening it up for public testing in the next 1-2 weeks.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Great,I am looking forward and excited about testing these new features

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    PM or e-mail me your number and I can send you a test message through it if you want.

Also I got your e-mail about BETA testing. We'll be opening it up for public testing in the next 1-2 weeks.
    Great to hear about the beta testing! I'll be sure to sign up. The reason I've yet to send you my number is I've no doubt that cell to cell SMS will work with your system (as shown by the graphic in your first post). It's all those other non-cell-to-cell SMS applications that I was wondering about.
    Russell

Will the SMS / New panel be available to resellers to or just clients of VOIPO only.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzvoip View Post
    Will the SMS / New panel be available to resellers to or just clients of VOIPO only.
    Initially it's just our core panel, but we plan to roll out the new panel and SMS feature to resellers eventually as well.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hi There,

Its been 20 days since the new portal launch. I am eagerly waiting for ability to make international calls from my mobile. I travel a lot and I need this ability to talk to my family abroad. I dont want to carry VOIPO adapter with me since my wife also need to make international calls when I am out.

Please expedite !!!

As requested earlier, can you please display month to date minute usage of international calls made in the new vPanel.

With Regards

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPPRO View Post
    Hi There,

Its been 20 days since the new portal launch. I am eagerly waiting for ability to make international calls from my mobile. I travel a lot and I need this ability to talk to my family abroad. I dont want to carry VOIPO adapter with me since my wife also need to make international calls when I am out.

Please expedite !!!

As requested earlier, can you please display month to date minute usage of international calls made in the new vPanel.

With Regards
    We haven't announced this yet, but the ability to call international destinations using BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) has already been added. You would simply install a SIP softphone on your mobile device.

To enable international calling, login to the BETA control panel at https://beta.voipo.com and go to BETA - International Calling Security. Then set the BYOD toggle to "Enabled" and add the destinations you wish to call with BYOD to your "Whitelist" by following the instructions. You will then be able to call those whitelisted destinations via BYOD. You may have up to 5 countries on your BYOD whitelist at any given time. High-risk and high-fraud destinations remain blocked and cannot be whitelisted.

In the near future, we're also adding an "access number" that works like a calling card to call from registered external numbers as well. In the meantime, you should be able to access this using BYOD.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com