Thread: Coming in July...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Coming in July...

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Tim, I've no doubt if I send you an SMS from a cell it'll come through. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, see if you can switch your cell number for those accounts to your test number. That was one of the use cases my telna cell number can't handle and one I was hoping your provider would.
    So it's mainly receiving messages you're thinking may be issue? If so I could try messaging you from it?

Or is it isolated only to shortcodes (which are an entirely more complex beast...we know this all too well because we have a VOIPo shortcode now to launch a short code/SMS marketing service for our business customers later this year). Shartcodes are a lot more complex because each individual cell carrier has to approve a shortcode on their network. For our shortcode as an example we essentially had to submit different applications to each carrier and they all approved based on their own timelines/criteria, so we had Verizon approval before Sprint approval, etc. Shortcodes are very convoluted and if someone doesn't have their shortcode setup with a particular carrier it won't work.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-23-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook