Thread: SMS / Forward To Email / Reply

Default SMS / Forward To Email / Reply

Hello,

Just creating this quick forum thread to make people aware that you are now able to reply to emails *FROM* the same email address that your SMS message was forwarded to / delivered.

Simply reply to the email and it will be sent back out to the sender as an SMS from your VOIPo enabled SMS phone number.

Please do let us know if you run into any issues with this.

Thanks for listening!

Default Re: SMS / Forward To Email / Reply

Thanks, the SMS features are working nicely. One suggestion for improvement: It would be really cool if there was a way to *start* a SMS conversation without having to log into the vPanel first. It would be a much nicer user experience for mobile phone users if an app were available for use of SMS.
    Last edited by Tooth; 12-25-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Clarification of suggestion for improvement

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Hello,

Just creating this quick forum thread to make people aware that you are now able to reply to emails *FROM* the same email address that your SMS message was forwarded to / delivered.

Simply reply to the email and it will be sent back out to the sender as an SMS from your VOIPo enabled SMS phone number.

Please do let us know if you run into any issues with this.

Thanks for listening!
    This past weekend, I received a SMS that was sent to my home VOIPo number and then forwarded to my email address. When I replied to the SMS via email, the message was never received by the other party. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    This past weekend, I received a SMS that was sent to my home VOIPo number and then forwarded to my email address. When I replied to the SMS via email, the message was never received by the other party. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Shoot me the reply-to email address in a PM and I'll take a look into this. Thanks!

This feature is not working for me as well. Do I need to do something in particular in order to be able to reply back via email to a fax?