Thread: History Action Tag Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default History Action Tag Needed

When we select an action to be applied to a phone number, there is no indicator. We can never tell which ones have had any actions taken.

We also need to have the telemarketer block automated by use of an action check box, and we should be able to see which ones have been sent to telemarketer block.

Default Re: History Action Tag Needed

This forum doesn't seem to get much attention anymore. You may have better luck opening a support ticket.

And I agree, lots of easy little improvements could be made to the control panel, such as more meaningful labels and help text, better organization, etc.

You are correct, but maybe it is time for Timothy Dick to chime in and get the ball rolling again.

Tim, are you there? The support people appear to be the people who answer the phone, and they can only "flip switches" to change settings. They don't seem to implement meaningful changes.

We can add this to our suggestion list for future consideration. We're always open to ideas to consider for the future.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Don't you have at least one person whose job it is to handle the web site design and layout?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPuser View Post
    Don't you have at least one person whose job it is to handle the web site design and layout?
    We have programmers that handle a little of everything. Right now, we have a backlog of projects pending and we have to prioritize projects.

We do take all feedback and ideas and all them to lists that we consider when planning out updates.

Sometimes it makes sense to batch things up. For example, if we blocked out a day or 2 to work on just website enhancements, we could pull a bunch of things from list related to that one area and do it all at once easier than doing individual small things randomly. I know it may seem like some things are simple and should be super quick and trust me I have that debate with our programmers sometimes too. At the end of the day though, sometimes a simple change can spiral into other things like if the update breaks something else in a particular browser, etc so it's best to have time planned out and batch them up.

I can't promise we will always implement everything from feedback we get, but we do keep track of it all and do pull things in.

Also, one thing to remember is that we're a relatively small company in comparison to the major publicly traded players, etc. We have a decent size customer base of over 100,000 and a team of a few dozen people. We're completely privately owned, profitable, and debt-free. We're not out raising venture capital and things like that where we can hire an army of people to focus on this stuff regardless of profitability. We have to balance our resources so we can keep costs low, maintain our existing infrastructure, keep things stable, and innovate with enhancements/new products. We have seen other companies get sucked into that and then it turns into a situation where the focus is on making as much money as possible rather than trying to provide a good service with good pricing and not get so big we have to sell out like that. We like a healthy balance and organic growth.

I'm sorry we can't immediately jump in and make changes in most cases, but I hope my explanation above helps you understand some of the reasons why. I can promise that I always am listening to customers (even if I don't reply sometimes) and any feedback we get, I consider and note. It doesn't mean we'll always implement the feedback and if we do, I can't guarantee how quick it'll be, but we do consider it and appreciate it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I think I get it now. You have a situation where everyone is a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. There is no excuse for not having a dedicated person to handle your web site in your size of company.

A telling statement of yours is where you mentioned:
    At the end of the day though, sometimes a simple change can spiral into other things like if the update breaks something else in a particular browser...
    This indicates that you are not directing your web designers and programmers to conform to W3C standards. Problems with a particular browser will always be the browser's problem if you comply. Most of the time there will be no problems at all.
    Last edited by VOIPuser; 03-09-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPuser View Post
    I think I get it now. You have a situation where everyone is a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. There is no excuse for not having a dedicated person to handle your web site in your size of company.

A telling statement of yours is where you mentioned:

This indicates that you are not directing your web designers and programmers to conform to W3C standards. Problems with a particular browser will always be the browser's problem if you comply. Most of the time there will be no problems at all.
    Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to provide the best service we can at the best pricepoint we can. We periodically review all feedback and UI suggestions. We will consider your suggestions for future releases.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com