Thread: Help getting a non-VOIPo provided Grandstream HT702 to work with VOIPo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help getting a non-VOIPo provided Grandstream HT702 to work with VOIPo

I've been a VOIPo user for quite a few years. I have a home in Buffalo and a home in Tucson. I'd like not to carry my adapter back and forth so I bought a second Grandstream HT702 via eBay.

I've had no success getting it to operate. For what I consider valid reasons, VOIPo will not provide support for the Grandstream that they did not provide. They will not sell me an additional supportable Grandstream. I have less sympathy for that position.

I've done the BYOD thing and have Hostname, Username, and Password at hand.

Looking at the Advanced panel for the Grandstream:
    Does Hostname go in Firmware Server Path, Config Server Path, both, or neither? If it's neither, then where?
    Username is obvious...hopefully.
    Password isn't. Which password field does it go into?

How about all the radio buttons? Use DNS or no? for instance.

Is there anything else I should know?

Default Re: Help getting a non-VOIPo provided Grandstream HT702 to work with VOIPo

Actually you won't be looking for Voipo for neither firmware updates (will- you probably could but..) nor config files. Leave both of those blank.

Each telco port will have its own config page. I do not have access to a grandstream of my own to see what the fields are called but in a Linksys they are as follows..

Proxy- sip.voipwelcome.com

User Name (your 10 digit telco number)

Password (emailed to you)

Register - yes Use Auth ID - no

DNS use your favorite.. or 8.8.8.8 or your router gateway.. (192.168.1.1 192.168.0.1 ect)

Dial Plan- (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

If you post some screen shots we can most likely help you out more.. Or others more familiar with the Grandstream may also come by..
    I Void Warranties.