Thread: 800 numbers on prepaid cell phones free?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 800 numbers on prepaid cell phones free?

In my voice stream cell phone, I used to be charged for 800 numbers. Now I have T-Mobile on a Nokia phone with prepaid service. My occasional 800 number call i need to make will count me minutes off my service. Does anybody know this? That's how I used to know it.

All replies are appreciated.

Default Re: 800 numbers on prepaid cell phones free?

Someone typically pays for the 800 call - you if you are the holder of the phone number. Pre-paid providers will often charge you for making a toll free call also. There is no way around this unless you switch to a contract cellular provider or use your VOIP phone at home.

They say the company I am calling is the one that pays for the call I make since they get great commission out from that. I think I should have a VOIP phone installed in my home.

Correct me if I am wrong, but toll free numbers were setup to cover the cost of the long distance part of the call, but not the actual call itself.

Mark

If that is the case, the how about local callers, I mean the people who calls the same area as the business?

My friend said that these toll-free numbers make her save money and she does not worry about her bills even if the business is miles away. She siad she is really glad it was invented.