Thread: MicroSIP

Default MicroSIP

I don't understand x-lite. I installed it, entered my BYOD info from the Voipo website, and assumed that I would be able to make phone calls, but this is not the case. It wants me to register for additional services. I have figured out how to dial and get a dial done (a simulated one I presume), but when I actually want to make a call I get an error.

So I tried MicroSip. This looks less spiffy, but better organized and does not throw ads at me. Alas, it does not work, either. it authenticates with the Voipo server (I would get an error with an incorrect password, for example), but when I try to make a call I get a "Request timeout". Has anybody been able to get MicroSIP working with a Voipo account?

Default Re: MicroSIP

it does not work, either. it authenticates with the Voipo server (I would get an error with an incorrect password,
    Until you use the right password nothing is going to work for you.

Am I missing something?
    I Void Warranties.

Default Re: MicroSIP

Once you've downloaded and installed X-Lite to your computer, you're not required to sign up for their supplemental "softphone.com" service, but you will continue to get the annoying pop-up reminders to do so each time you launch the application. I tinkered around with X-Lite and finally got it working nicely on my Macbook Pro. Here a post about my experience with it:

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...ghlight=x-lite

You might also try using the search function in these forums to find additional X-Lite information.