Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming calls from 1001?

Default Re: Incoming calls from 1001?

I'm sure it won't. When this happens, Voipo's servers aren't involved at all, so routing is bypassed. To effectively deal with this problem the ATA needs to be configured to ignore traffic from all sources except Voipo's servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsDad View Post
    Good idea. I just routed 1000 and 1001 numbers to disconnected. Will wait and see if it works.

VOIPoClay Guest

Hello,

Feel free to submit a ticket to support@voipo.com and we can accommodate ATA changes to alleviate this issue pretty easily.

If you have unlocked (BYOD) adapter, I suggest you look at different ways you block the scanners on OBiHai forum. If you have a different adapter, it will still help you as long as you know how to do the things the article describes. I found out through personal experience that just changing ports from 5060 to 5070 didn't help

If you have a Voipo-provisioned adapter, I suppose, voipo support can restrict the calls by originating IP or something similar... I am surprised that nobody from Voipo support commented here. EDIT: I missed the second page of posts that makes this paragraph irrelevant

Again, these calls are not coming from your Voipo account; so any "blocking" that you do on Voipo website are completely irrelevant. Also, tinkering with firewall in most cases is irrelevant as well (I can't think of any situation when changes in firewall would make a difference - but I am sure I am missing some unique situation)
    Last edited by ymhee_bcex; 04-03-2013 at 11:36 PM.

This is still an issue with the Cisco (Linksys) SPA-8000 and SP-112 ATAs as there a way to hack them. The fix from Cisco has been to enable "Restrict Source IP" but you cannot do this with Voipo service as per Voipo "Only allowing packets from sip.voipwelcome.com will break call signaling for any traffic routing directly from our media gateways. Their IP range is outside of our control and can be unique depending on the call's routing."

I have asked Voipo for the underlying carrier IP ranges but they cannot provide them and will not support BYOD devices.

So the only way to block the hackers are to put the ATA behind a firewall and block the specific IP addresses from the hackers. This will end up getting very tedious and you will be right back to the firewall closing ports and having connectivity issues with Voipo services and the ATA.
    Joe Siepka

Yesterday, my phone (primarily line 2 which is the same number as line 1), started ringing almost non-stop every few minutes. I am a BYOD'er with a Grandstream and it was a quite easy fix. If you are having this issue (and are not a BYOD'er), submit a ticket and Voipo can fix it.