Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always get busy signal when doing *67

Default Re: Always get busy signal when doing *67

Oops, I just checked and I'm not able to use *30 and *31 now that *xx is gone from my dial plan. I forgot to test those codes after removing *xx.

So *xx is going back into the dial plan. [...] Okay, *30 and *31 are working again now.

Onward now to removing lots of other entries from the VSAC and adding entries to the Feature Dial Services Codes list (each separated by a vertical bar).

Thanks again for all the help. I'll check back here soon for any further comments.
    Last edited by LouisWilen; 03-20-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Okay, this is very interesting. To enable call return, I had to specify *69 in the VSAC Call Return field and not specify it in the Feature Dial Services Codes. Note that Call Return is listed as a supported feature here: http://www.voipo.com/voip-features.php.

I'm thinking that when a voipo provisioned ATA is used, some of the features are handled in the client (in the ATA) and some in the server. It would be nice for us BYOD users to know exactly which star codes are handled in the server and which need to be handled in the ATA.

Also found that I can enable lots of features that are controlled entirely by the ATA. For example, I can do *07 to redial the last number that I called. This is going to be fun!

Louis,

All feature access codes (VOIPo offers) are handled server-side.

I would be careful with the use of the client-side feature codes, many times end users have enabled client-side feature codes resulting in adverse / ambiguous affects to their service and induces additional troubleshooting delays.

Thanks for the follow-up tip.