Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Default Re: Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Since you're having issues with the old system, I'm moving you to the new one. It's still being tested, but should work better. Greetings, PINs, messages, etc should remain because it's using the same DB.

I'm going to post an outline of the menu options in it soon, but it's much easier so I'm sure you'll figure it out. The other nice thing is that we can fully control the menus in it pretty easily so adding options in it is simple.

Let me know if this clears anything up or makes it worse.
    Ok my first impression immediately is:

1. Sound quality - Excellent, better than the old one

2. Menu quality - Also good - the prompts sound professional, not like Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith show

3. The additional options "tree" has a defect in that after you listen to it, you are offered choices and if you select option 5 for additional options it runs through choice 1, 2, 3 etc and when it gets to choice 6....she says:
    "press 6 goodbye" and it dumps the call"

4. at the end of a message it says Press 5 to return this call yet if you perss 5 for that option, it switches to the other tree for additional options (the one mentioned in item 3 - and it dumps the call.

5. When recording a greeting it says: "chose a greeting between 1 and 9" but it does not tell you the significance of the numeric values and then once you select greeting 1 or 2 or 3 - you are not given a choice of which one to use.

6. It DID send me a notification via emailwhich the other one did hit or miss.

So far so good, and as I said - the quality of the prompts and my recorded voice are some of the best I've heard so far. Must be using a different compression ratio/algorithm than others offer or the data link between the voice "switch" and the voice mail system is a good one.
    Overall it is a better system and I guess until you migrage everyone, the only way to access from outside the voipo world is to call yourself.

I'll mention these to the developers.

I think the Option 6 was meant for the dial out feature so it's missing.

In terms of accessing it, you should be able to use 123 for it like you normally would. Was that not working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Ok my first impression immediately is:

1. Sound quality - Excellent, better than the old one

2. Menu quality - Also good - the prompts sound professional, not like Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith show

3. The additional options "tree" has a defect in that after you listen to it, you are offered choices and if you select option 5 for additional options it runs through choice 1, 2, 3 etc and when it gets to choice 6....she says:
    "press 6 goodbye" and it dumps the call"

4. at the end of a message it says Press 5 to return this call yet if you perss 5 for that option, it switches to the other tree for additional options (the one mentioned in item 3 - and it dumps the call.

5. When recording a greeting it says: "chose a greeting between 1 and 9" but it does not tell you the significance of the numeric values and then once you select greeting 1 or 2 or 3 - you are not given a choice of which one to use.

6. It DID send me a notification via emailwhich the other one did hit or miss.

So far so good, and as I said - the quality of the prompts and my recorded voice are some of the best I've heard so far. Must be using a different compression ratio/algorithm than others offer or the data link between the voice "switch" and the voice mail system is a good one.
    Overall it is a better system and I guess until you migrage everyone, the only way to access from outside the voipo world is to call yourself.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Actually, it was working from 123, it was retrieving messages from the outside that was failing.
    For some reason it would not vlaidate the password and the minute I went into vpanel and resaved the same password, I was able to get in.
    I'm fine testing the new platform since I have not yet given out the number in wide release until we have all finished testing.
    More observations: The record your personal message (choices 1 through 9) play the last numeric value recording you choose so it "overwrites" the previous choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Actually, it was working from 123, it was retrieving messages from the outside that was failing.
    For some reason it would not vlaidate the password and the minute I went into vpanel and resaved the same password, I was able to get in.
    I'm fine testing the new platform since I have not yet given out the number in wide release until we have all finished testing.
    More observations: The record your personal message (choices 1 through 9) play the last numeric value recording you choose so it "overwrites" the previous choice.
    My understanding of that numbering system is that you can record up to 9 greetings and then you just "enable" whatever greeting number you want.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    My understanding of that numbering system is that you can record up to 9 greetings and then you just "enable" whatever greeting number you want.
    That is what I thought but I guess the choices have not yet been enabled in the menu tree.
    Also - stutter dial tone upon someone leaving a message not yet active.
    Last edited by NY Tel Guy; 09-19-2008 at 06:21 PM.

When you call yourself from the outside to retrieve messages, you cannot break through with the * key, effectively preventing a user from getting his mail that way.
    Also in Vpanel the Save settings Radio button now says:
    "Set Settings" yet when you type in a change, it does not set-the settings so any entry you previously had there is "frozen" and can't be changed.

See what a guy can do when his wife is not home? But hey it beats the other dangerous alternatives....lol

Can you move me to the new system?

SMS notification has never worked one time for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorrobin View Post
    Can you move me to the new system?

SMS notification has never worked one time for me so far.
    Bear in mind, until they move the service over completely, you may not have access to your voice mail messages from the outside.

My post above yours describes this. I don't mind since it allowed me to test it but if you need access from outside the confines of your voipo line you might want to wait.

Ah, I guess both of mine are the old system!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I am also having a problem logging into the voice mail system. I was unaware of the upgrade. However I wouldn't mind being moved to the new system also. I will reset the password when I get home to see if that will solve the problem.