Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

Default Re: Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by digger16309 View Post
    No, that is not live. You should be using billing.voipo.com.

I'll have the link redirected, did you find a link to that somewhere?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No, that is not live. You should be using billing.voipo.com.

I'll have the link redirected, did you find a link to that somewhere?
    No, I lost the e-mail that had the billing link, if I was sent one, I forget.

So I just put that URL in and billing info came up that looked right.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoRay View Post
    That actually is the case.

From the main menu 5->1 will let you record any messages 1-9.

If you already have messages recorded for later use, 5->2 will let you select your pre-recorded messages 1-9 for immediate use without the need of recording them over. This option could be used in a number of ways.

Record messages as follows (option 5 from the main menu then option 1):

1. You've reached <your name here>, I'm not able to come to the phone, please leave a message.
    2. You've reached <your name here>, I'm out to lunch. Please leave a message and i'll call you back as soon as i return
    3. You've reached <your name here>, I'm on vacation. In the event of an emergency, contact <some other guy> at <some phone number>
    4. You've reached <your name here>, I'm currently playing super parent by being a chaperone on my child's field trip, leave me a message and i'll call you back.... if i can

Then later, you can easily select between them by choosing option 5 from the main menu then option 2 and select 1-4 respectively.

NOTE: if you don't have greeting 5 recorded, but you try to choose greeting 5, you'll get an "invalid entry" error message

I'd be interested in hearing what issues people are running into with this and other features of the VM. Or is it just the lack of documentation on it?
    Thanks for explaining. That's very cool. I'll have to have some fun now recording messages!

And yes, it's the lack of documentation. Just some of the basics would help to have in the knowledgebase such as the shortcuts, how to dial in to check VM remotely, and the info you posted above. I know we pretty much know the basics at this point, but I'm thinking for new signups, it will be rather important to have.

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    I know we pretty much know the basics at this point, but I'm thinking for new signups, it will be rather important to have.
    This is basically the main thing we're waiting on before pushing things more and opening the floodgates.

Right now the focus is really on documentation, presentation, polishing, and training.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    This is basically the main thing we're waiting on before pushing things more and opening the floodgates.

Right now the focus is really on documentation, presentation, polishing, and training.
    That makes a lot of sense. The service is great and so is the support. So once you have the documentation, that will be awesome.

And I will emphasize my kudos to you for waiting on the launch until the documentation is ready. That will make your lives much easier and the overall public perception of the service much better. :thumbsup: