Thread: How do I use the "second" line when my wife is on the first line?

Default How do I use the "second" line when my wife is on the first line?

I am using V-Tech wireless phones and when my wife is on the phone I am trying to figure out how I can get the "second or cloned" line for an outgoing call. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

Default Re: How do I use the "second" line when my wife is on the first line?

You must have a second phone connected to the phone2 jack on the back of the adapter. Pick up the phone and listen for dial tone, then call out.
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

You can also use a two line phone. Harder to find nowadays but some companies still make them. I have a two line Siemens cordless phone that is probably ten years old now but still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_TV View Post
    You can also use a two line phone. Harder to find nowadays but some companies still make them. I have a two line Siemens cordless phone that is probably ten years old now but still going strong.
    if its a 2line phone you have to see if phone has 2 separate lines on the base unit and connect them to line 1 and line 2 on voip box. if it only has 1 jack then you need an adapter to change it to 2 jacks that are labeled line1 & line2 and plug them into your voip box line1 & line2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_TV View Post
    You can also use a two line phone. Harder to find nowadays but some companies still make them.
    There are still plenty: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_p_...qid=1376364184
    My wife is using 2-line 4-handset phone in her office. The upside is that anybody can use any handset, whereas with two separate phones it becomes clumsy quickly