Voipo went with the voip adapter/router combo to make the "Plug and Play" capability easier for customers. And overall; that works perfectly fine. That allows it to be widely accepted.

Now; just like with any other network/internet service/configuration; you can make it any way you want to. The overwhelming majority of internet users have no need, desire, etc... to increase their bandwidth, talk QOS, port forward, etc... If I died 5 years ago, my wife would have still been using 1.5mb/896kb DSL with one wired computer and a wireless router for the laptop. But things evolve. As for being "Widely Accepted" the majority of people don't evolve. They couldn't care less. The fact that you are even using/discussing voip puts you into a totally different category compared to the majority of the country. The majority of the country uses POTS or ONLY Cell phones. And in time; even Voip may disappear in the shadow of Cellular/4G/LTE technology.

But currently, there are 3 types of people who use voip. 1) Those who don't know they're using it; via their cable or wireless broadband provider. (They call it Digital Phone). 2) Those who bought Vonage or MagicJack because they saw it on TV. 3) Those like many of us, who are geeks and actually researched a little bit of this. Some started with vonage or digital phone and progressed to better voip.

So people like me, and some of you, who have 30mb/5mb or similar, needs self educate yourself when it comes to wanting voip. Voip is another application for your computer/home network. Do I use a voip adapter/router ahead of my regular network router for plug and play? No way. BUT, if I want it better, then that's my responsibility to learn some basic networking. If I want to use my gigabit "n" routers and bonded Cable internet; that's my responsibility. But VoipO's basic configuration; if done accordingly; will allow you voip phone service and simultaneous internet connection. And for 90+% of customers, that's perfectly fine. But for the less than 10% of customers who know the difference between 10 and 20mb bandwidth; who visit these types of forums; etc... they/you/we need to be able to reconfigure out network, and be responsible for it, to work with both voip and our more specific bandwidth/network needs. That is not Voipo or your internet provider's responsibility.

Then again; that's what "FORUMS" are for. The provider gives you the basic working connection. Come to the forums; ask questions; learn; and you'll be able to make your network work anyway you want it to. I have 30+mb/5mb internet service. I have 3 voip adapters connected. I don't slow down in ANY internet activities. And my voip adapters are behind my routers. Just like they were another PC. For the basic (Majority) customer, the voipo equipment works perfectly. For the niche crowd, you need to be more involved and responsible yourself. I.e. It's not up to Ford or GM to help me "TWEEK" my Mustang or Corvette because I want to do "OTHER" things with it compared to simply just driving it. If I want to tweek and have fun, then I guess I need to learn a few things..... Or pay someone who knows how to do it. NOT Ford or GM.