Thread: Certain calls disconnect after 15 minutes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Certain calls disconnect after 15 minutes

Assuming that re-invite is indeed the root cause of disconnection after 15 minutes, I would suggest change the settings on OBi instead of tinkering with the router. Take a look at the values in Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X SIP (where X is A or B depending on your setup). By default, RegistrationPeriod is 60 seconds, which should be more then enough to re-register in time. Also take a look if any of the "Expires" settings are not default. I've been using OBi with Voipo for about a year (first 100, and now 202), and never experienced this problem

Regarding suggestion 1 above - I wholeheartedly agree that it's a good idea to disable SIP ALG, but I can't see how it would help in this situation.

Suggestion 2... try it for troubleshooting to identify the root cause, but then put it back and fix the root cause. Leaving OBi open seems like taking unnecessary risk. Just sayin'

Default Re: Certain calls disconnect after 15 minutes

Hi,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I did attempt to load dt-WRT on the Cisco/Linksys Router, but unfortunately I believe I wrecked the router in the process. The upgrade didn't finish and the web session interupted the update, for whatever reason. Anyway, I did have a NetGear WNR1000 lying around, so i just decided to configure that one to work. I was able to disable SIP ALG on that router. But, I made a test call and sure enough.. still disconnected after 15 minutes. Voipo Support also suggested I enable port forwarding from 5000-65000. So, i just did that. Not sure if that will work or not. I haven't made another test call.

Will be interesting to see if this gets resolved or not. I'm curious if it is the OBI100 doing this? Unfortunately i don't have another phone adapter to try.

Chris