Thread: BYOD Users: Testing Michigan Datacenter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: BYOD Users: Testing Michigan Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by racerdude View Post
    I believe that post you linked to is outdated, Voipo does proxy audio now on all calls. In the case of sip7 the audio proxy shows as 72.52.231.45 (Liquidweb Michigan) and in the case of sip and sip-central01 it shows 67.228.190.147 (Softlayer Dallas). So this does have an effect in the call quality, at least for me.
    Thanks, I stand corrected. I wasn't aware they made changes and proxy the audio now....good to know.

I suppose they made the change to mitigate firewall issues at the customer's router. In the past, they suggested forwarding a wide range of ports on the router to prevent blocked, one-way audio issues due to the audio coming from a different IP (terminating carrier) than the SIP server...
    Last edited by tritch; 09-24-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added more comments

Default Re: BYOD Users: Testing Michigan Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    Thanks, I stand corrected. I wasn't aware they made changes and proxy the audio now....good to know.

I suppose they made the change to mitigate firewall issues at the customer's router. In the past, they suggested forwarding a wide range of ports on the router to prevent blocked, one-way audio issues due to the audio coming from a different IP (terminating carrier) than the SIP server...

at risk of getting off topic... I believe that this change has rendered the "force media proxy" setting in the control panel to be meaningless. can anyone confirm that?