Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    With findme set to ring all...2 seconds on each...no auto answer...when I call from my cell that is the destination for simulring, while the main line is ringing, a recorded voice comes on saying "the person at extension 305 932-xxxx is busy..your message will go to voice mail"
    Try setting it to about 10-15 seconds. 2 seconds isn't long enough to ring a whole ring so it's "timing out" and going to VM.

We do need to fix it so that if you have VM disabled it doesn't go to VM.

Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    However, if you answer your primary phone -- not a simul ring destination phone -- you do NOT get the call handling options, correct? At least this is how I hope it works.
    Right. Only on the external ones. If you answer the VOIPo phone, it'll immediately connect.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

With both set to 15 seconds, I called from another phone that is not on the destination, the call answers right away on the main line...when answering on the destination cell, a voice says.."you have received a call from 1-761-xxxx and it offers the 3 choices.

When calling the main line from another phone, even after I answer on my destination cell, the main line rings a few additional times even after I answered on the cell. No problem..just mentioned it, but it works ok.

When calling the main number from my destination cell, it answers right away with no problems.

One additional observation....

We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.

One additional observation....

We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.
    Yeah that's the main reason we put in the "Press 1 to Accept"...lots of complaints about cell phones being off and taking calls before with old one.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Awesome feature!! Any chance of setting up some SMS commands to toggle and configure?

Another question: I currently have my wife's cell phone set up for "no answer transfer" to her VOIPo line. That is mostly because she doesn't use voice mail on the cell phone and wants all messages to go to the VOIPo voice mail. What happens if I now set up Call Hunt on her VOIPo number to ring her cell phone? Will this create a loop, or will it time out and send the message to her VOIPo voice mail?

What if instead of Call Hunt, she uses Ring All? I seem to recall that this caused problems in the past.

Thanks.

I just noticed in the SimulRing settings, that in findme...ring all...where the auto answer for the VOIPo line was previously left to toggle, is now checked as well as greyed out.

Evidently this was pushed out from the server. What does this now do that it didn't before?

I just noticed in the SimulRing settings, that in findme...ring all...where the auto answer for the VOIPo line was previously left to toggle, is now checked as well as greyed out.

Evidently this was pushed out from the server. What does this now do that it didn't before?
    Burris this was a simple "appearance change" as the VOIPo line if answered always takes the call, effectively meaning "auto answer" is always enabled on this line. We are just showing this behavior, as before it was not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Burris this was a simple "appearance change" as the VOIPo line if answered always takes the call, effectively meaning "auto answer" is always enabled on this line. We are just showing this behavior, as before it was not correct.
    As always, I thank you.