Quote Originally Posted by davefred99 View Post
Voipo Tim,

When can we expect to see and hear about more BYOD features as promised.
I am on the fence as to whether or not I will be renewing my subscription because I really want to use my own device (OBI202) and while it is possible now there is not a lot of support and the Voipo ATA must be online just to setup any BYOD and you loose the ability to have multiple channels as you can only register One Byod at a time. other Byod providers offer sub accounts.
I am also concerned that per your recent messages you are moving away from being a value based discount provider to becoming more mainstream like a Vonage type provider. I left Vonage for Voipo and would never go back they have become to much like a regular Telco provider with to many nuisance fees and hidden costs. I know some of these fees are unavoidable but when I can I will do all I can to minimize them. I would really like to see more monthly options as your current $18 mos subscription is good if you need unlimited but many of us really want lower priced or PayGo plans.

Thanks for listening, Dave
Hi Dave,

The BYOD functionality has already been released including the new international BYOD calling option. They have been available in the BETA control panel for quite some time now. If you have any questions about them, please e-mail support@voipo.com and an agent will be happy to assist you.

We do still require the VOIPo ATA to be connection to activate the BYOD feature for the first time. Since we only ship the ATA to the billing address, having this requirement verifies that the customer provided an accurate address and received mail there. Since there is a lot of fraud with VoIP, this is a requirement we have in place to protect us and verify the address.